Thursday, January 30, 2020

3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story


I was first introduced to entrepreneurship in middle school when I started reselling exclusive sneakers and clothing with my older brother. We started our own little business off of this and made a decent profit. We only purchased limited merchandise that other people tried to get but weren’t fast enough since limited sneakers and clothing sells out fast. We usually sold on StockX.com, eBay.com, and sometimes met in person to sell locally. This business that my brother and I started taught me how to communicate/negotiate prices with buyers. My brother has always been my mentor and taught me a lot about how to run a business. He has lots of experience with selling products since he’s a few years older than me.

I enrolled in ENT 3003 because I’m trying to get the entrepreneurship minor, and this is the first class I have to take. I also heard that professor Pryor is the best at teaching this subject, so I got super excited when I saw that he was teaching it this semester. I hope to learn more about how to be a great entrepreneur while taking this class. I have a few business ideas that I think could be big hits. I really want to learn how to start up my business and run it nicely. I will definitely get the most out of the hard work that I will put into this course.

This is an image of a popular brand that we resold the most.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob,

    I enjoyed reading your entrepreneurship experience and how you incorporated your interests in clothing and sneakers to achieve an ultimate goal. I am amazed that you took the initiative to earn money at such a young age! Your decision to purchase limited merchandise to sell to your customers was an efficient and effective strategy to make your profit. Having the ability to negotiate with your customers is a crucial skill to obtain as an entrepreneur and establish personal connections with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,
    You are actually the second person in our discussion group that encountered entrepreneurship through selling clothing. It is really impressive that you and your brother started a business at such a young age. From what I have seen in this class it is really important to start thinking like an entrepreneur early because once you build those habits you will start noticing more opportunities. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob,
    You have obviously had the Entrepreneurial spirit from a very young age and it has served you well. I wish I was successful at selling and re-selling things when I was younger. It is also good that you surround yourself with mentors because they are people who have walked the path you are trying to walk and they can show you the way.

    ReplyDelete