Friday, March 13, 2020

16A –What’s Your Secret Sauce?


Five Ways I’m unique
1. I have always been able to learn things quickly and get projects done efficiently.
2. I can be a leader when needed.
3. I am a team player and I listen to all the ideas that are present.
4. I am dedicated to getting the job done.
5. My motivation is what keeps me busy.

Interview #1: My brother described me as hard-working and motivated. He noticed that I help others no matter what. He sees me as a great role model and hopes to meet the expectations I have for him.

Interview #2: My dad thinks that my personality makes me different compared to other people. He said that he sees how I react toward my younger siblings and understand how responsible I am towards them.

Interview #3: My music teacher thinks that it is easy for me to learn new songs on the trumpet right away. She described me as a super quick learner that strives to be the best.

Interview #4: My high school teacher described me as a professional leader. They saw how I started a club in high school and lead a great team. They told me how great of an experience it was to be the advisor for my club.

Interview #5: My friend described me as a caring person who always looks out for other people. They said that they enjoy the time we spend together and make sure to cherish every second of it.

I think that everyone has different opinions about me while there is no right or wrong opinion. I agree with most of the responses I got from my interviews. I think my interviewees are pretty spot on correct about me because all of these people know me personally. I think the responses would be completely different if I interviewed random people. I wouldn’t make any corrections to my list because everything on my lists seems accurate.

4 comments:

  1. I also went and got interviews from people who have gotten to know me well both in a professional and casual setting. This gets multiple different aspects of my life so that I could get a better view from the eyes of those that I interact with on the daily. I know getting the views of people from those that do not know me is not very accurate, but I think it would have been helpful because it can help you work on your first impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,

    Although I did not interview people who have worked with me in a professional setting, I think this is the most ideal way to get different perspectives from people that have seen you work in action. Interviewing a teacher will be able to get more of your behavioral characteristics in a more formal environment. They are able to see how you work with others and under pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post for this week's assignment! I also asked people who were either teachers/professors my boss, my friends and family what they thought my most unique traits were. This was important to me because I could have a better understanding of how I present myself to different people in my life. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob,
    I think it was very beneficial for you to interview people such as your teachers, considering that sometimes they really get to see you in ways that your friends or even family do not always get to see. Furthermore, it seems as if they all said very nice and positive things about you, as well as complimenting your leadership skills, which is very important and essential in running an idea or business.

    ReplyDelete