Thursday, March 26, 2020

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

1)    You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically, regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?

My name is Jacob Tillinger. I am a first-year Information Systems major. I believe that I have great leadership skills. I gained these skills from my experience as being the president of a club back in high school. I held meetings for my club and made sure that every board member performed their job correctly. I aspire to be my own boss one day. I hope to open my own business with the business idea I have now or with one of the other business ideas that I have in mind. I believe that creating the SafeDrive app would play an important role in my life as it could potentially provide me with a decent income.


2)    What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).

I am offering a product/service that prevents drivers from looking at their phone while their driving. This would solve customers’ unmet needs because it would prevent car crashes on the road, and this could save lives.

3)    Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
I am offering my product/service to anyone that has a driver’s license. I think my product would be especially useful for new inexperienced drivers. These drivers would most likely be high school students as they are just learning how to drive on their own for the first time.

4)    Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.  
I believe that customers would pay money for this product/service because of the facts and statistics that prove how many car crashes are caused by texting and driving. Customers will care about my service since most drivers want to stay safe on the road.

5)    What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
What sets me apart from everyone else is the fact that there aren’t many services similar to mine. I believe I have the motivation to start this service right away and I will always improve its skills.

I believe my elements fit together well because I can use my leadership skills to put together a team and create the app. I think my service would be very successful with all of the elements put together. The only problem with this service could be for older cars because they don’t the same technology that newer cars have today so people that own older cars would only be able to use the app I create.

Feedback Memo: I didn’t receive any feedback from my Idea Napkin No. 1.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob,
    I think another customer that you could market to in the future is parents of new drivers. They would love for their kids to get your app when they start driving because of the safety benefits. They would also care a lot about your products if they thought it would help them keep their kids safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,
    I think a great way to spread your idea is to contact MADD, mothers against drunk driving. They have a solid amount of influence and can spread this idea of yours. Also, showing it to the city or to other type of official entity would boost your chances of this taking off. Good luck with it man. I like it.

    ReplyDelete