Thursday, February 20, 2020

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1


1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
My name is Jacob Tillinger and I’m a first-year business information systems major. I plan on applying to the Master of Information Systems and Operational management combined degree program. I have a talent for working with computers and learning new technology easily. I have multiple technical skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I have a passion for starting my own business such as a restaurant chain. I see this business taking up a lot of time in my life since I would run it and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
I am solving the customer's problem by providing them with authentic Israeli food that isn’t available in certain areas.
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
My restaurant would attract people of all different races and from different areas. My customers would all relate in that they all love a variety of healthy natural food.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 
Customers would pay me money to use my service because it is a healthy restaurant that only uses all-natural ingredients. It would be the most famous Israeli chain around.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
What sets me apart from everyone else is my motivation to find the best chefs and start up the restaurant. What I have that nobody else is diversity.
In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others. 
I believe these elements work together, but I definitely need to spend a lot more time on finding the right location to start my first restaurant. I need to find a city that has no Israeli restaurants and open the first one up there so that I have no competition. I feel that I have the right business skills to start up this restaurant and I know who to offer my service to. I believe that the market could use this type of restaurant chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment