Thursday, February 6, 2020

8A – Solving The Problem


The solution to my problem with texting and driving could be a feature in the car that turns off someone’s phone if they’re sitting in the driver’s seat. This service would allow the person to make a phone call or answer it if they speak a password to the car’s computer. I think this would solve the problem of texting and driving because it would prevent people from looking at their phones while they’re driving their cars. I could sell this service to car dealers and they could build the program into their cars that they sell. The only issue with this service is that it would be complicated to sell it to people that already own an older car. I think this service would work because there are always car accidents shown on the news and a lot of accidents are caused by texting and driving. This service could be advertised everywhere just like how advertisements are made about preventing texting and driving.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob,
    This is a fresh idea and I really like the focus. Anytime and idea attempts to save lives it can get branded as a do-good product. This goes a long way. I think the idea is very integratable into cars, and selling it to companies would be the best way to make profit. The only problem I see with it is the company taking the product and remaking it to take over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,

    I like how "out-of-the-box" and creative your idea is. Although I liked your opportunity, I honestly did not know how you were going to create a solution to such an issue at first. The only thing I would say that may serve as a constraint for your product is how costly it would be to produce such an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jacob, I really like the idea you have. It could save so many peoples lives or prevent many accidents as well. A solution to the problem that comes with older cars could be to put the phone locking service into the phone itself rather than the car. Therefore, it makes it much easier because most people have the new phone compared to people with new cars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob, I really like this idea of keeping people from texting and driving. I personally think that anyway that the phone can be paused or silenced or turned off while driving would be essential and beneficial to all people on the road. I think eventually they will definitely install this in cars. However I am not sure considering it may be expensive.

    ReplyDelete