Thursday, April 9, 2020

25A – What’s Next?

The existing market for my service can be considered parents that tell their kids to not text and drive. This would be an existing market because these parents already want their kids to stay safe, except they just don’t have the right service provided in the car. I believe that parents would purchase this service, especially for their high school students since they are new inexperienced drivers that just got their license. I’ve seen a lot of my high school friends drive while looking at their phones. I actually have told one of my friends to pull over before since they were texting people while driving and I didn’t want to get into an accident because of this. It is a scary feeling to know that the driver in your car is distracted and could get into a car crash. This is why my service could be a big success for the existing market.

I believe that the new market for my service could be anyone that has a driver’s license. These people could be of any age really. My app would mainly attract college students since a lot of them have trouble staying off their phones while driving. College students would take advantage of this service because it costs a lot less to purchase the app than pay for damages in a car accident. It is common for college students to drink and drive as well so this service in the car would have a feature that prevents the car from turning on unless you can type in a certain word correctly. This feature would be able to tell if a person is drunk or not if the word is typed incorrectly. I think this feature could work, but there are definitely some improvements that could always be made. Everything would be trial and error. I always say that practice makes perfect!

3 comments:

  1. hey Jacob, I do not really understand what "for people with license" means. I like this idea, but the problem is it would need to be trademarked and patented so that others cannot remake the idea. It would be so easy for powerful companies to take it and use it. If you could sell it, it would also be an easy revenue of money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacob,

    Although college students are the ones who definitely need to use this app, I do not think they are a great customer target because they do not want to be prevented from using their phone while driving or at a stoplight. However, I do think it would be more effective if you targeted the parents of these college kids and their families back home because they care more about the safety of their loved ones. I also think it would be a great idea to even get a patent and sell your idea to another company so you would still be making a profit without having to do much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacob,
    I really think this idea has a lot of potential for parents to go for. parents always have trouble trusting their kids when they are driving because kids always do end up texting. This idea would definitely limit this issue and save many lives.

    ReplyDelete