Thursday, April 16, 2020

26A – Celebrating Failure

I failed with a few things this semester. I will be talking about how I didn’t make it into a certain organization. This organization is called the Florida Cicerones. I never had an interview before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had thought of some answers beforehand, but all of those answers were of no help. I wish I completed a mock interview a few days before my real interview. Nonetheless, it was a great learning experience since it was my first ever interview. I learned that failing that certain interview shouldn’t keep me from trying again. I think failure is an experience that gives us the opportunity for a second chance in most cases. I don’t usually get disappointed when I fail because I learn from my mistakes and strive to be better. This class has changed my perspective on failure because I believe that I failed my first pitch video and I nailed the last one. I’m more likely to take a risk now than I was a few months ago. I am willing to start my business soon because if it doesn’t work out, I can always learn from the mistakes I make and fix them.

2 comments:

  1. Hey jacob, interviews are always tough no matter for what interview. its call a learning experience though. Everytime I have an interview I make note of what I didnt like, what I got bad body language from, and my weak answers and I work on them. Good luck though on future ones though. We all get rejected once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacob,
    I think your example really demonstrates a major leaning experience where you were not really sure what to expect and then after you learned a lot from it. I think your situation is very important too because you failed at the professional level and being able to accept and learn from that early is important.

    ReplyDelete