Thursday, April 16, 2020

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

1)    What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The book I chose to read is called How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams. The general theme of the book was to look after yourself and don’t let anyone stop you from achieving your goals. After reading this book, I learned that it is ok to fail a bunch of times, the most important thing is that you tried your best and you will keep on trying until you succeed. This book was very interesting to read since I’ve never read anything like it.

2)    How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
I think this book enhanced what I’m learning in ENT 3003 because the previous assignment that I submitted was about celebrating failure. Failure does not always have to be considered negative.

3)    If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
The exercise I would design is similar to the celebrating failure exercise where students would explain how they have overcome their failures whether they failed inside or outside of school.

4)    What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
I learned that it is ok to sometimes be selfish when it comes to taking care of yourself. It is important to spend some of your own free time to work out, eat healthy, and chase your dreams. The author of this book, Scott Adams states that you should focus on the needs of others once you meet your own needs.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacob, I like your breakdown of the book and tying it into everything we have learned so far your point of view on these topics. I like your point of view when reading these books because it is healthy and refreshing. Always a good outlook will go a long way. I read this book earlier and really enjoyed it. actually liked alot of the reads this semeseter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob,
    I think this book correlates well with your assignment 25. Failing many times can be a great thing because it only toughens you up, and allows room for correction and improvement. I like to think of failing as chiseling away at a stone until you finally perfect the process of what you are doing and it turns out presentable and a success.

    ReplyDelete