Thursday, April 23, 2020

30A – Final Reflection

1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
I think the exciting moments was when I conducted all of my interviews. It was fun to interview my friends, family, and random people in the library!  
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I believe the experience that I'll remember years later would be the 3 elevator pitches I completed. My first elevator pitch was not the best as I never knew how to make a pitch before. My second elevator pitch was much better since I fixed a lot of my mistakes by listening to the feedback I received. My third and final pitch was definitely my best one and I think I have it mostly memorized without any mistakes now!
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
Now that we have reached the end of the semester, I do see myself as an entrepreneur because I created my business idea and have had lots of experience with writing about how I'm going to start up my business during my time throughout this journey. 
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
I recommend that students start their assignments early to perform greatly in this course. I found it helpful to watch every lecture live if you are able to. Watching the lectures live definitely makes the experience more enjoyable while taking this course.
Can Entrepreneurship Be Taught? - Bold Business

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey jacob, I also agree that conducting interviews was very fun and enlightening. It is so applicable in all area of our lives and careers, so I think it is possibly the most valuable thing we learned to do, along with approaching a concept from a different perspective that we didnt do before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacob,

    I also agree that completing the three elevator pitches was a rewarding experience because I was able to see how quickly I improved throughout each pitch. Each pitch became more polished and I did not have to take as many tries before submitting it. Doing these pitches will be very helpful no matter what career path you decide to take because it teaches you how to formulate your words in a manner that will persuade or captivate whoever you are speaking to. Interviews are sort of similar to creating an elevator pitch as both require you to impress an individual and prove as to why you are the better candidate in comparison to everyone else applying for the same position. Great post!

    ReplyDelete